LS in gland of penis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having trouble visiting a urologist. I've been freaking out quite sometime & I hope it's not LS(BXO). I first noticed in December, I had a giant depressive episode & didn't shower for who knows how long. I'm currently freaking out considering the amount of research I've poured & the similarities I've found. Just need someone to tell me straight up, I've found good research about carbon dioxide laser treatment so I'm not freaking out as much any more but still . Truthfully, I cant capture the image for what my eyes see, but the area that i marked up in the image, get brittle & dry. Hyperpigmentation (black) & there is furrows in the corona of the gland. I put vaseline daily, if i don't it gets really dry, & MORE black w more cracks in the gland. Any ideas ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i genuinely hope someone answers because I'm freaking out. I'm barely 20 & this just sucks.

• Posted

any other symptoms???

i have itching/burning/stinging and cuts--- i have tested negative 3 times for STDs yeast and Bv with a long enough gap.I was told LS -- things got more severe. My doctor then thought autoimmune

they still havent figured out whats going on (my dec blood work showed high wbc and neutrophils- doubled since Oct) i just got this months blood work back and everything was back to normal except this time around they finally tested my vitamin D which was beyond low (im severely deficient)

ive done some reading online -- have you had your vitamin D Levels checked?? it effects the bodys autoimmune response --- just a total hunch to try and help you !!!

• Posted

Symptoms differ from many, in some cases like mine, I am asymptomatic. Again, I'm not sure if i have LS. Just know that LS is an autoimmune disease, so an increase in WBC & neutrophil makes sense. That may be it, I've actually read an article about vitamin D deficiency, & it definitely affects your WBC. (that's what helps w your immune system, vitamin C is a misconception). I hope that tends to be, I've read of a man completely getting better after treating his deficiency. Never had an issue w my vitamins, but I've only been inside since quarantine so maybe. It can also be a hormonal problem (estrogen/testosterone), read some articles about that if you could. A Dr treat these ppl with tropical steroids & oral/injection hormones, which expedited the process. (its being used more now). I live right new to mx & I just scored an apt w a private urologist, so I'll run a complete analysis of my blood work in the same hospital (been meaning to). Also, try & get a biopsy - some urologist do it, but a dermatologist does for sure. 2nd/3rd opinions matter a lot. LS can be confused w other types of chronic balanitis. Demand it because Dr are ADAMANT. -an EMT , ironically enough here i am trying to figure out what the hell is wrong w me before my diagnosis. Look into Carbon Dioxide laser treatment. It's promising w LS, & other balanitis. It's eased my anxiety/depression a bit. Some people never get the symptoms again.

• Posted

Again as an EMT, doctors can be really really adamant, egoistical, and with reason. But they fail to realize Anyone can do research, even learn from one another. Don't be scared to speak up for yourself please !!! It's your body, remember that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.