LS Operation...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi All,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply...I had the one hour operation on Tuesday. I was out in the afternoon. It was rather painful as expected but healing. Unfortunately I got an infection in my arm from the iv so went onto antibiotics. That didn't help so I came into the ER on Sat night...

I have got cellulitis that was going up my arm (bacterial infection)....still in hospital and been on antibiotics, painkillers, antihistamines and anti-nausea.

My stomach (where they took the fat 'stem like' cells) is healing and so is everything else but is was very painful for the first 3 days and black and blue!

I am still due for my hysterectomy this Friday but we will just see how the infection clears up...

Love Leah xoxo

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Leah--That sounds like a terrible ordeal!!!  What was the original operation supposed to be for? I hope that you heal up, soon!  --Suzanne
  • Posted

Hi Leah,

I'm new to all of this. Can you explain please what stem cell operation you had?

Many thanks,

Samantha

• Posted

Hi,

In an earlier post I go into detail on the operation. I have LS in the 'undercarriage' so that is where the operation was for...I can't remember what the title to that post but it shouldn't be too difficult to find... x

• Posted

Hi Leah,

Sending you Get Well wishes. Seems like you've had a rough time of it. Keep us posted as time goes on.

Hugs xoxo

• Posted

So sorry you have had such a miserable experience thus far.  Hope all will turn out well and that all the discomfort wll be just a vague memory once you are healed and well.
  • Posted

How awful for you! wishing you a speedy recovery! 
  • Posted

Hi Leah, Just wanted to join others in wishing you well with your hysterectomy. I hope you have a better experience than this event you describe. Don't be afraid to ask nurses to wash their hands before touching you or any of your equipment like IV's. Your experience with cellulitus will make you more aware of the importance of this. Good luck
  • Posted

am adding my voice to all your well-wishers here. thinking of you and wishing you a swift recovery, xxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.