LS Rosacea IBS related?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone know if by chance these are all related to one another?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I know of 2 people who have both. I have never read any connection. LS is supposed to be auto immune / stress. BUT same medication that treats psoriasis works on LS symptoms. Protopic.
  • Posted

I think stress has an awful lot to do it.  I have never had the soreness etc before until last summer when it started.  I had a bereavement and empty nest to cope with at the same time and then depression with it all then L S 
  • Posted

I don't know ic theta is a link to all three but I do have LS and IBS and suffer from stress

• Posted

I can't speak for everyone but I can tell you this... I have dealt with IBS since I was very young. I also starting having some issues with psoriasis (mostly on my elbows) about the time I reached the age of 20. So for me I's most definitely say yes. My mother had psoriasis worse than mine. I'm not sure if she had IBS. Even though she was never diagnosed with LS... I would venture to say she had it at least to some extent. People of her age and generation were much less apt to go to a doctor specially for something as private and personal as LS. I do know from the time my mother and I started having woman to woman talks, she soon started telling me not to get my hopes up about how wonderful sex was gonna be because for her it had rarely been a pleasurable experience in fact it was just the opposite, it was very painful for her! So sad... sad 

In conclusion I would most definitely say there is a genetic connection and high levels of stress only serves to compounds the problem. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.