Very itchy anus 

Soreness after a bowel movement 

Sometimes pain/burning during sex.

Sometimes itchy vaginal area   

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am fine at the moment.

But, when I am not fine and I am flaring these are my symptoms..

Sore/itchy clitoris

open sores (lesions) around the vagina

Blisters in the crack of my butt

'Paper cuts' in the crack of my butt

Painful sex 

I have a band of skin at the bottom entrance of my vagina which is painful to touch and makes intercourse almost impossible.

• Posted

Hi Sarah & Guppy

I was told to put lots of Dermovate on any part that itched or sore or cracked. This has worked for me.

It always says to use a pearl size of dermovate but my consultant said that LS thickens the skin and the ointment helps to soften it.

Hope this helps

Tina x

• Posted

Hi Rowley, I am sorry but I am not sure about this. 

In all the years I have been posting on here I have never ever heard anyone tell of being told to put lots of the steroid cream on. Secondly, you are trusting the judgment of one person.  Is that really wise bearing in mind the stories related on here almost every day.  Sure LS thickens the skin I get that, but I also get that the steriod cream is a very strong cream to be using liberally every day..I would try to use as little as possible and look toward other alternative methods of keeping the LS under control. Of course you must do what you think is best but do think about it carefully.

• Posted

I’ve been using colbatasol and I’ve been using it so much I think it’s making it worse.    At this point I’m willing to try anything.  
    • Posted

Hi

Every night for 4wks then every other night for 4wks and finally twice a week for 8weeks. I have no inner labia, it has shrunk not fused so I wear natural panty liners and use diprobase daily to stay moist. I have IS & LP so use it as a moisturiser for all my body.

Tina x

• Posted

Hi Rowley, that sounds like normal procedure...best to you!
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, its possible you have LS but it sounds more to me like pelvic floor dysfunction! Your symptoms match up. I see a pelvic PT and she has worked wonders for me! Look at your Gyns first, and ask them for a referral. Take care. Debi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.