LS under control after months! :)

Posted , 14 users are following.

It has been 5 months since being diagnosed with LS. At that time my symptoms were really bad (6 o clock tear, labia minora shrinking, white all around opening, cuts and itchiness). I used clobetasol every day for 3 months (I would either have a quick soak or shower most of the time before applying clobetasol and massaging in for a bit), then after that it went down to two times per week. I rinse after I pee with a peri bottle and then apply either emu oil or coconut oil, and use sudocream when going out for long periods of time to protect skin. At home/alone I never wear underwear and always wear loose clothes. Have been using A LOT of coconut oil for sex and found certain positions to help avoid tearing. The doctor told me she couldn't even tell I had LS by looking!! 

It's not cured obviously but I feel like I am in control of this awful disease. .It's so important to use the clob- it really does help with the inflammation and makes the skin Healthier. And the no underwear thing. I truly believe that has helped a lot. 

3 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I should mention, I am 31 and have had undiagnosed LS for probably 10 years. 
  • Posted

Hi MapleSyrup very encouraging to read this so glad you’ve got it under control 😃.  I’m waiting on biopsy appointment to confirm LS.  I appear to only have it on perenium and anus with occasional itching but no pain and  so far vulva looks clear.  Washing with dermol 500 and using plenty coconut oil to moisturise.  I’ve been reading so much about this condition through various forums and one minute I feel optimistic and then the next totally deflated.  It seems that everyone has a different journey with this disease .  Trying to stay positive!

• Posted

Emu oil is wonderful within 3 months no white marks what a relief , please don't forget about emu oil, will help you so much.

• Posted

I completely feel the same way, I am still afraid of having another flare up.

It's best to try something for three months to see if it works. 

• Posted

I love emu oil been using it 5 months now and I want to tell all. So keep spreading about this  cream so many are suffering .
    • Posted

Hi Leslea , is the emu oil you use the emuaid ? I’ve seen this on Amazon  , if so is it the red or blue  jar that is best , quite expensive so wouldn’t want to get the wrong one .x
    • Posted

I bought emuaid cream didn’t work for me made it feel cool so relief for a hour but then came back with a vengeance might work fir you though I know some swear by it emu oil is better for me but I mix it with caster oil and lavender it’s bddn amazing , every one has something different that they find works for them but not for other hope you find your way soon 
    • Posted

Hi Dawn , it is from big w , the biglife co. . Emu oil moisturising skin cream cost 3 dollars and 50 cent. Not sure where you live but i'm in Australia. Watched a show on emu oil it has inflammatory properties in it which made me try it so pleased I did. I'm not cured but  about 90 % better. Hope it works for you. Leslea

• Posted

I used the Emuaid Maxx - Red when I was flaring really badly! Then I switched to Emuaid regular ( blue) and only use it if I feel a tingle ( such as when I grabbed a handful of M&M for the first time in 7 weeks). 

• Posted

Hi Dawn, I use the Emuaid regular strength. Yes expensive, but I found relief almost immed when I first got it. Try to stop eating gluten for a few weeks and see if that will also help you. I am on a gluten free, dairy free, soy free, sugar free way of eating. No processed foods either. So what do I eat; fresh unprocessed foods. If you can't chase it or if you can't pick it, I don't eat it. Am I perfect at that no, but I do my best and it really, really makes a HUGE difference. It is also called the elimination diet. Since LS is auto-immune, the healthy eating will really make a difference. It's a game changer. The Emuaid and diet AWESOME! you would think your are healed for good, but it is just under great control. Hoping all the best for you.

• Posted

Wow , well done with the diet . Do you use emuaid instead of steroid or alongside ? 
    • Posted

I would be interested to know if Dixie uses just Emuaid or has used clob to control symptoms? I have only used Emuaid and Emuaid Maxx, everythi g is calm and under control- hv also cut sugar, carbs from diet. Dr gave me a script for Clob and I filled it but hv not used it?! I don’t want to possibly irritate anything. I figured I would use it if and when I flare again? Anyone’s thoughts? I am atrophying on right side, left side still fine, wondered if Clob would stop this? 
    • Posted

Hi Dawn; I just use the Emuaid and diet. I refuse pharma meds if at all possible, tho I do recognize there is a time and a place for them, but if a natural tx can be used, then why not do that first.
    • Posted

Hi Karen, I only use Emuaid and diet. I stay away from pharmacy as much as possible. I don't believe in them that much. Yes there is a time and a place for them, but if something can be treated with something natural, I do that first.

As far as stopping the outward manifestations of this horrible immune malfunction, in my opinion, I think unless one can stop the auto immunity, the outward manifestations will continue. They will either be slowed down or very well controlled. Like I said this is only my opinion and from my experience of dealing with auto-immunity issues. 

If anyone has healed auto-immunity, please let us all know how.  : -)

• Posted

Hi , been using emu oil now for about a week , it feels awesome wen you put it on , fingers crossed  , so far so good 😊 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.