LS worry

Posted , 5 users are following.

Wonder if any body can help ,I suffer with anxiety and also Lichen Scerilosis ,for about 10 years last year I had what i thought was a flare but hurt a lot when urinating ,my gyno took a biopsy and it came back with herpes simplex one genitals which she said wasnt nothing to be concerned about probably wouldnt get again but I have had several check ups since and just wondered what caused it Has anybody else had this ? I am very curious

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

idk it's weird I have herpes too but only in one spot on the back of my thigh, no where near my vagina, it comes and goes every few years or so...but that's it

• Posted

Hi Patricia

Thankyou for your reply I am just concerned after 70 plus years I got it and having Lichen Scerilosis has made me worry more

• Posted

i think these viruses lay dormant for many years until we are older, i have lichen too and it causes many problems, i was diagnosed about 15 years ago around the same time i had an abnormal smear test and had to have colposcopy, which was caused by hpv virus

• Posted

HI Karen

yes its horrible had mine a long time too Thanks for replying Do hope you have it under control Dont know how I have only just got a herpes simplex Doc reckons its probably a one one off but still worry CHEERS HON

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.