Lucia brings light at the end of the tunnel

Posted , 10 users are following.

Exactly nine years ago (on the Lucia Day, December 13) I got off pred and have been free from pmr and GCA. I chose the Lucia Day to say when I got off pred as it is easy to remember. This year I think about Lucia bringing light in the darkness and let Lucia bring you light and hope that there is an end in the dark tunnel of pmr and GCA. Lucia is celebrated each year on December 13 and she is dressed in white with candles/lights in her hair. She also have attendants - for instance boys called star boys and also girls. It is a very old tradition and this morning, we have looked at a TV programme with traditional Lucia songs. We also have a special bun that looks like the figure 8 and with two raisins on it in the 0´s. In Swedish we call it Lussekatt (Lucia is sometimes called Lusse and katt means cat - I don´t know why it is called lussekatt).

As you see, there is a light at the end of the pmr/GCA and if you are lucky like me, you don´t get it back. Have a nice Lucia day! . 

If you want to know more about our tradition you can google Wikipedia Saint Lucy´s Day.

Lucia greetings from Ragnar

7 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Many thanks for sharing your celebration with us all - and here’s hoping that members of this forum see the light at the end of the tunnel before too long.

Season greetings to everyone.

• Posted

Hi Ragnar, (aka Captain Bob)

I chose New Years Day so on 1.1.2018  - into 7th year remission with GCA.

I lit a candle this morning - white one - for you  have done so without telling you every year since we met.

Take care my friend.  smile  from the Donkey Person on the good ship.

• Posted

It is nice of you to light a candle for me every Lucia Day - the day I got off pred nine years ago.

Most people don´t understand what you mean about me being Captain Bob on a ship. We had a charade, you might call it, on an American or Canadian pmr/gca forum many years ago. I was appointed captain Bob by someone. We had a nice time for maybe a month or so. Sadly, both the American and Canadian forums have ceased to exist for many years.

• Posted

Our annual good news greeting from Ragnar - is it really 9 years Ragnar!!! Happy yuletide!
  • Posted

Thank you so much!  And I must thank you, too, for being the originator of the tapering method which enabled me to get to a low dose in good time, although PMR is still with me and zero pred some way in the future.🌟🎄?

• Posted

Anghaga

That was the best posting I have seen for many year.

Thank you.

• Posted

Wonderfully uplifting! I have been assured my GCA has gone and hope to be off the drugs next year. It will be two years in total. Like you, I have been told I may never have it again. I took this photo yesterday (Sunday 18/12) while we played petanque in an annual games event at Devonport in Auckland. Last year - for the first time in many years - I was just a spectator, newly diagnosed, with a massive headache and jawn pain. I am glad the nightmare is over! Have a lovely Christmas RD Swede and may your good health continue. 

Cheers from a warmer Christmas season - in New Zealand. 

• Posted

Thank you Sandy. We really envy you the climate just now. Here we have 5 inches of snow and the next day it rains, so the snow disappears. Next week it repeats itself We have had it twice and in my age I prefer your climate.

Merry Christmas

Ragnar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.