Lucia96980

Posted , 5 users are following.

May of last year I had a twisted hernia operation, a few days after returning home, I developed the most disgusting bitter taste in my mouth which I still have 15 months later. I now feel apart from the taste a burning sensation tongue & lips. I  have seen 4 different consultants in different fields, with no result. Been on so much medication. I am now feeling rather depressed as there is no change whatsoever. Just wish someone somewhere could give me an answer to cure it. I,m taking Ranintidine, Esmeprozole. I do also have a Hyatis Hernia. Any help or suggestions would be so much apreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have hiatus hernia but I also sleep apnoea. I have to sleep on my side without a pillow for the sleep apnoea. This is bad for the HH and causes reflux. I,d had the bad taste for quite some time. When I raised the head of the bed it helped both conditions.  The alkaline water helped with the pepsin embeded in the osophagus and the coconut oil sorted the mouth. Plus when I clean my teeth I use a tongue scraper. Coconut oil has amazing health benefits. It is a saturated fat but the good kind. It is the perfect fuel for the brain and can reverse dementia. I told one lady who had burning mouth to try it and she said there was a massive improvement. Within one day. Google it's other benefits.
    • Posted

Thank you very much for all the info, hopefully tomorrow i will get the things you suggested. So desperate now I will try anything smile

• Posted

gallee, just been looking at the cocnut oil, there are so many. Which would you recommend?
    • Posted

I'm not an expert but extra virgin coconut oil seems to be the one recommended. It's the one I use. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.