lumbar Fusion

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi i had a lumbar fusion last year and I am concerned the neurosurgeon has operated on the wrong levels i had fusion on l4/l5 & l5/s1 I am concerned the Neurosurgeon sacrificed a perfect joint l5/s1 and left l3/l4 with no treatment I would of thought he would of fused l3/l4& l4/l5

Any feedback on this would be appreciated as i am confused why he sacrificed a perfect joint just want to know if this is a standard practice.

MRI results Pre surgery

At l3/l4 there is a difuse disc bulge causing ventral thecal sac indentation but without significant foraminal encroachment.

At l4/l5 level there is a postercentral right parancental disc extrusion with caudal band resulting in impingment of right traversing right l5 nerve root and lateral recess. Concominant diffuse disc osteophytic bulge also results in foraminal encroachment with borderline abutment of under-surface of the exiting left l4 nerve root.

l5/s1 appear normal

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.