Lumbar Inter Body Fusion & Revision Decompression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Posted 3 minutes ago

DISCETOMY April 2013

Still severe back pain

100 days antibiotics trial for lower back pain( google it)

Awaiting revision decompression, removal of cyst and posterior lumbar inter body fusion. Rough date June 14.

Acute sciatica since October 2011.

Hi all

Has anyone had the lumbar inter body fusion?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You frighten the hell out of me, I'm just about to undertake a discectomy and decompression; extreme sciatic pain, resulting in paresthesia inmy right foot and lower leg - it feels as ifI'm carrying a ball and chain around with me - I hope this operation clears this up, but what you have said is not good news........I'll (hopefully) keep you posted.............
    • Posted

Mine hasn't worked out finest time but lots of people never look back and yours will hopefully be better soon.

how are you doing now as you must all be done and recuperating by now!

• Posted

hi

i read about the antibiotic thing many months ago, how did it go? i was quite interested in that myself.

thanks

• Posted

Hi there

it didn't work for me or the other 5 patients my surgeon had on the trial.

sorry to be bearer of bad news, however we r all different!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.