lumbar puncture?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a lumbar puncture almost 5 weeks ago because I was having a bad headache that lasted over a month and they still couldnt figure out why im having the headaches there telling me stress and anxiety, tension headaches. Anyways has anyone els had a problem with there back after the spinal tap/ lumbar puncture

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I hit the wrong button I wasnt done yet, anyways im having some back pain still, its not terrible just wondering if anyone else has.
  • Posted

Absolutely! I'm a midwife and lots of women who had epidurals during their labours had back pain for a very long time afterwards.

I had an epidural for a Caesarean Section and I could feel the exact spot for about a year afterwards.

I'm only mentioning this because a lumbar puncture is pretty much the same as an epidural.

• Posted

Ok ty I have been having some anxiety and I work myself up alot. They put me through so much and I had 3 actually, 1 with the blood patch. Anyways its my lower back and kinda both sides of my hips. Thought maybe they hit a nerve or something. Thank you for the fast responce. I asked the dr and they said it takes time.
    • Posted

It DOES take time, honey.

Sometimes a year!

Can you try to tell yourself that your anxiety is playing tricks on you here?

• Posted

Yes, im getting better at that. I just always think the worse and think somethings wrong and alls they want me to do is take pills. I dont like taking pills
    • Posted

Good for you.

Just try to tell yourself that your reaction to the lumbar puncture is normal and nothig else is wrong. Difficult, I know..........

Hugs.

• Posted

Mindy

Yes I had been diagnosed with Viral Meningitis. I also had anothe lumber puncture after a car accident. I prefer to not go through another one again.

It can be sore for a few days I remember I had to keep my neck and heat still for about a day if I remember

BOB

• Posted

In my case the tests were taken in the late 70s/early 80s

I was also laid up for quite a long time so I did not move about

BOB

• Posted

Thanks Bob, its been almost 5 weeks its not terrible, just sore. I just make myself paranoid I guess. Glad im not the only one. I will never go through another one again. I hope to get back to normal soon
    • Posted

I believe that you are definitely making yourself paranoid, darling.

What you're feeling is normal and won't go away for quite a while yet.

• Posted

I was laid up the first time after a bad car accident where I broke a leg/ankle and they were restricting my movement. I also was at the beginning of my disability and my test were snarled up with that they now feel that it was the beginning of disc damage caused by heavy lifting so there was a great deal going on.

The second test was to verify Viral Meningitis that I had picked up in Marocco. They took the test and did not seal the injection spot and I lost a great deal of fluid. That and the virus effected my memory and what with that and spinal nerve damage I had very little to rmmber for over six months. This lead to retirement 6 months later. So the pain of the test had little effect

BOB

• Posted

Ty tess I think im definitely dealing with some anxiety. I have been having the heart pelpatation and everything. Tingling in my face. Driving me crazy. Feel like im losing my mind
    • Posted

You're not losing your mind. You're dealing with Health Anxiety. Talk to your doctor and get some therapy and anti-anxiety medication.

xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.