Lumbar Puncture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a Lumbar Puncture done in our local hospital in Orkney on Wednesday and I must admit when I heard the mention of Lumbar Puncture I was terrified, but,  I must admit the procedure went relativly well with no pain during the procedure .The following day I have a slight pain in the region where the needle was inserted but that was to be expected.I do have a lot of sympathy for these people that have ongoing problems but can I assume that a lot of these problems have been caused by inexperienced medical staff or even staff that could not care less about the patient.Hope you all get better soon

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had an horrendous lumbar puncture failed first attempt in foetal position and the second attempt had me hanging over a chair the pain was so bad I was crying and he hit a nerve in my leg and foot after I had excruciating pain in my head and my neck I couldn't move it pain was so bad couldn't stop. bein sick left hosp afta a week and couldn't walk legs kept colapsing and I was having seizures still almost a year on and I'm left with a limp and dropped right foot suffered pain almost a year on now
    • Posted

So sorry to hear of your problems Joanne,as I said when the doctor advised me of side effects I was not too happy .Hope things get better for you
  • Posted

I just had one done yesterday and it went well for me too except laying for 6 hours, my back was aching so bad in the hospital but I could walk well enough...(which is lucky)

The same night I had the rare symptoms of tingling feet and hands but it has worn off a lot today...

But the aching where the needle point is the same for me too, it's difficult to sit right most of the time.

I hope you recover well! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.