Lump

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, i need some help. Im a 16 year old with this strange spot like lump on my penis. I dont know what it is so hopefully you can help me. It burst open this morning like a spot and is very swollen. Is there anything i can do to solve it?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Slots can appear on penis like anywhere else, there are also hairs in the area that can block a follicle up.

So either of the above can be the culprit here and in the area it was it would be sore after.

Just keep it clean but with just warm water, not soap or shower gel, and you'll find it should clear up in about 48 hrs.

If it goes on past that then still nothing to worry about but might want to consider GP appt.

Cheers

Marc

• Posted

hello there, hope i get a reply.. i have had this little lump that was quite big than slowly got smaller and i squeezed/popped it and this yellow kinda green pus came out.. any idea? image

• Posted

There's not much information there.  How big is it, what colour is it, and where on your penis is it?  (shaft, glans, foreskin, frenulum?)  Did it burst by itself, or did you squeeze it?  What if anything came out?

If you're not sexually active, it's unlikely to be anything serious, but don't squeeze it.

If you want to add a pic, this should help you add images:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser.

• Posted

Its just like a spot I've been cleaning it every day ever since it appeared and it seems to be working. I have been using creams too. Was that a good idea or not?

• Posted

Blocked hair follicle? Probably nothing to worry about, but if it's still like this for a few days, no harm seeing a doctor to treat it. 

• Posted

Could be a lymphocele, in which case it will probably go away by itself, though you can try massaging it away.  It's normally caused by rough sex or masturbation, so take it easy for a while.  Normally I'd say that you probably wouldn't need to see a doctor unless it doesn't go away after a week or two.  If it's burst open though, then I'd suggest you get it checked out.

You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.  There are GUM clinics for under-25s, and they're not allowed to tell your parents you've been - you don't even have to give your real name.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Hey guys im back after a couple of days. The lump hasnt gotten bigger or smaller, just swollen. 10 minutes ago i was massaging it like a few people suggested and this weird blackhead type of thing came out. Hopefully this solves this issue. I'll keep you all updated.

• Posted

It isn't in focus, but it doesn't look like a lymphocele any more.  It's probably nothing serious, but I'd get it checked out by a doctor if I were you.

• Edited

Hi guys, so after a couple of weeks since ny last post this it what it looks like now. Completely healed! Thanks for all your suggestions
    • Posted

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear it's healed up!

• Posted

hey i am having the same condition. Could you plz tell what were you using to clean it. soap and water?

• Posted

Hola Harry nose si sigues usando esta cuenta pero quisiera hacerte unas preguntas de lo que te paso creo que tenemos el mismo caso

• Posted

Hola Harry nose si sigues usando esta cuenta pero quisiera hacerte unas preguntas de lo que te paso creo que tenemos el mismo caso

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.