Lump after gallbladder removal

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys hopin someone can help I had my gallbladder removed 20 days ago and I have 5 incisions but I'm the top one (in between my breasts ) i also have a large lump prob the size of a palm of hand it's hard when I stand but not when I lay down but it's spool painful to breath lift my arm up and basically to do anythin I'm in agony I have been to a and e told different things... swellin, mucles tryin to get back normal, infection, could be build up of blood but yet no one is intrested in actually gettin to the root of the problem for me has anyone else been thru this? Really in so much pain and have 2 children who are small and need extra care and I'm literally at my wits end with this. Never had this much pain after my c section!

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jen, I hope your now in good shape and the above was sorted, I had a perforated gall bag and had a huge incision to remove the stones by hand, a bile bag fitted with drain.

Now two years later I have a golf ball sized lump behind my drain incision, it is so painful I feel useless, CT scan has picked up something, but given 7 days antibiotics which today was the last one, and I’m still in excruciating pain. I’m now told it may need another operation, I believe something went wrong when the Stent was removed. 

• Posted

Hi graham ive a large lump where my first insicion was made been to doctors he referred me to hospitalgoing in two weeks says i have hernia i have to have another operation its six months since i had my operation now feel worse than before

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.