Lump and itchiness

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had a lump in my groin for a while now. One which is movable and another which feels like it's stuck to a bone. Neither hurt and both probably a bit bigger than a pea size. I have also suffered with real itchy skin for a Couple of years now and when I say itchy I mean real itchy!!!! I've been to drs a few times now about my itchy skin and just get told it's probably just skin irritation. The itchiness can be any part of my body. I have took pics to show dr. I went a few weeks ago and had all bloods done and was told my folate (I hope that's right) is a bit low but nothing which would be to do with the symptoms i've been having. Also have bruising which dr wasn't to concerned about, pain in my upper left stomach when I eat and noticed when I've been running that I'm getting tired a lot quicker than usual. Does anyone think it's worth going back to drs? I had fbc done which came back fine. I've googled and my symptoms bring up lymphoma would this show up on a fbc or not. Don't want to go back to drs if I'm just overacting, but the itchiness is unbearable at times and can't understand why.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ok. Any lumps in the groin should be investigated, especially if they're not mobile. I'm guessing that they must be lymph nodes which, along with the itching, can be symptoms of lymphoma. I was treated for Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (found a pea size lump behind my ear) which never showed up on blood tests before, during or after diagnosis, only a biopsy or perhaps pet scan can give an accurate diagnosis. So return to your doctor and push for further tests.

• Posted

Hi Mll,

You should be concern and you need to keep pushing your doctor for answers. I went to several doctors and it took about a year for my diagnosis of Leukemia and chronic vasculitis. Hopefully you want have a chronic disease, but you do need to find a cause for the itching and that lump. Good luck!

• Posted

You need to get a cbc blood test done and have them check your counts. Especially your platelets, low platelets will cause brusing. Have you had any other symptoms such as, fevers, night sweats, bleeding, or any type of cold symptoms that won't clear up? What about the lumps are they hard soft, or painful? You need to see the doctors so they can perform test such as ultrasound on them and maybe even a biopsy. If you can think of any other symptoms even if you don't think they are related please let me know.

• Posted

It's important to not night sweats and swollen glands for lymphomas. The stomach issue could be acid reflux to in a, to your spleen or pancreas. All this can be ruled out with test. I wouldn't worry as much about lymphoma. If your not having night sweats, or swollen glands. Just keep seeing the doctors until it's diagnosed.

• Posted

Hi. I was diagnosed with lymphoma 2 years ago. Apart from a small pea sized lump behind my ear I was perfectly well. No night sweats, normal blood tests, no symptoms at all. Do it's important not to rule lymphoma out because of a lack of symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.