Lump at the top of scrotum/end of shaft

Posted , 5 users are following.

about two weeks ago I noticed a small red bump at the end of my shaft/start of scrotum. I just thought it was a pimple so I squeezed it, nothing came of it. in the following day's however, the lump has continually got bigger and yellowish. its feels very hard/firm and also feels like it may now be infected. I live in England and considering what's going on in the world, its quite difficult to get a doctor's appointment so I need some advice and guidance as to what this is. Im worried that if its a cyst, it will continue to grow and i won't be able to get the treatment to fix it. please help!

i took two photos, one with flash and one without. the yellow is a lot more visible with light shined on itimageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

It does indeed look like a sebaceous cyst - possibly infected. Does your doctor not offer online consultations? Mine does and I am also in the UK.

• Posted

to be honest im not sure, I haven't checked yet. it's new so i wanted to wait it out and see how it developed. funnily enough, when I woke up this morning it was a lot more tender and soft. I touched it slightly and it burst, with a lot of yellow puss coming out of it. Im going to avoid touching it for a few days and see how it plays out, but the fact that its burst on its own seems to be a positive sign. hopefully it resolves itself without any need for treatment.

• Edited

I'm also in UK. there are no complications to contact my GP or GUM clinic. You better pay a visit to doctor to clear it.

• Posted

It's sorted itself out now thankfully. filled with puss and burst on its own, gradually got smaller day by day. a relief for sure

• Posted

Hi, I have a similar spot now too. After yours burst did it leave a hole or anything? and is it still leaking puss now? thanks so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.