Lump behind my collar bone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have a lump behind my collar bone and it's about the size of half a ping pong ball. It started last May when I was at basketball watching my daughter I suddenly had awful pain and it was instant and hasn't stopped to this day. Sometimes it's more painful than other times and Iv had 4 night sweats in 12 months but nothing in about last 6 months, I suffer severe migraines and have my neck is just painful. Every time Iv been to doctors my temp is always a low grade fever without explanation. The lump is hard and sometimes it raised and sometimes it's not. What could this possibly be! I'm due to have ultrasound late today and I'm just a bit worried. Has anyone had anything like this before? I'm 34 female with history of CIN III

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm currently in the same positron as you! Do you think it's a swollen lynph node? Have you got other tests such as a ultra sound or CT scan etc? I suggest doing a full blood test. Have you had a cold or some sort of infection in the last 6 months?
    • Posted

Iv had a blood test but it came back normal, I did have a Ct on my cervical spine but it show my collarbone area just the spine. I haven't been unwell with colds or anything just usual back pain which Iv had since I injured it 2008. I'm stumped to try to understand what's going on some day/nights I litterally just want to curl up in a ball and die 😭 sorry if that sounds terrible but i have days where it would be more humane to put me down I just can't cope. The dr has given me oxynorn Iv been on fentanyl patches went off them cause they were too strong but no matter what I do I'm never pain free. I think it has to be a lymph node or something else but I just don't know sad have you had any other symptoms? What's happening with you do you have the same sort of flare ups?
    • Posted

I did have an ultrasound for it, doctor told me not to worry. Well at first I had night sweats not drenching ones just my forehead was sweating. I recently had an infection. Can you move your swollen lymph node? Is it moveable? Is it soft? My synptoms went away. My lymph node used to hurt after taking antibiotics no more pain and swollen lymph node still remains 😩 I just want to know what's wrong!?!
    • Posted

No it doesn't move its kind of hard/firm sometimes it more prominent and raised and other times it sinks back a bit behind collarbone. When it is raised it feels like a top of a ping pong ball. But it's always there.

Maybe your lymphatic were swollen cause you weren't well? But if it hasn't gone there has to be something wrong we can't just have lumps come up like this 😞 I will be interested to see what your results are. My appointment is Monday morning at 7.45 they said I should be done by 8am so as soon as I get the results I'll post it to you. I'm so stressed about this and can't afford to be at the same time my kids do t understand my partner doesn't understand and I literally have no one to talk to about it either sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.