Lump feeling in throat since late November, help/advice?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had a lump feeling in my throat (left side) for months now, its affected the way I eat, eg. gagging, little to no hunger... I do try to bring up phlegm often as well, feeling congested.. .During this period I've been getting voice cracks (rarely).. I do suffer from bad anxiety since I was little (I think it's a genetic thing, my mum has it) but it scares me a lot, also the other week I had to go to the ER because I was bringing up blood in my phlegm, it started as little to no blood but then got more and more, kind of a bright red as if something was bleeding.. I produced probably a little more than a tablespoon, the doctors couldn't find out what was wrong with me despite taking X-Ray's too.. I'm really scared because I'm only 18,, It isn't possible I have throat cancer...

This is the picture of the blood I was bringing up in my phlegm, it isn't good quality but I was pretty scared and wanted to show my boyfriend, I was also a few minutes away from when I was close to passing out, was losing my vision, hearing, hot and cold flashes..

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm just so scared, I have a check up with my GP next month and I want to review this but I'd like to get some opinions before hand..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.