Lump found in breast

Posted , 4 users are following.

A month and a bit ago I found a lump in my left breast under my nipple. It is the size of a grape and is smooth and is easily moveable. I went to my doc and he is sending me for a ultra sound and a mammogram at the end of this month. The only other symptom I had was a bit of pain in my breast but not an uncomfortable amount. I have read every article about whether it could be a cyst or a lump or whatever. I feel like it's just a cyst or something benign. I am 18 years old by the way. Anyways, what my question is, is can birth control give you lumps or anything? I was on tri cyclen for 6 months but my doctor made me come off of it when I saw him last (2 or 3 weeks ago) and today I noticed that the lump seems a little smaller, and I was wondering if maybe the extra hormones in my birth control could have lead to it!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I don't think that birth control pill can give u lumps in breasts. But I am not a doctor. Best is to see someone that can help u. I hope is nothing serious and will go soon. All the best xx
  • Posted

Hi 

I wouldn't have thought that a birth control pill can cause lumps in the breast but I am no expert so I can't be 100% sure.

I really feel for you because I know from personal experience how worrying a time like this can be but you have absolutely done the right thing by consulting your doctor.  I sincerely hope that all goes well with your mammogram and ultrasound and that your result is 'clear' and your mind put at rest xx

• Posted

Got the call back from my doctor and turns out that everything is fine! smile Thanks everyone
  • Posted

Gald to hear that, everything's ok for you now! Cheers!

I have my Lump removal when I was 12 years old and also 3 years ago. But tested to be ok too. Removal due to the size is quite big. Have monitored for a year or so but the size seems like its growing slowly. So doc adv to take it out.

Cheers everyone! Stay healthy!

Regards,

TiffY (SG)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.