Lump in armpit ??? Health anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 weeks ago I went out with my husband and I had a couple of drinks , and I woke the next morning with a small painful cysts in my armpit , this worried me straight away but I tried to reassure myself it as due to hormones after starting a new pill after having my baby and also new deodorant

I went out last night and had a few more drinks , I was just had a shower and noticed a small painful lump again , it feels like a cyst but I am not 100% sure , Ans now I am paranoid about lymphoma as I know alcohol can affect this .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

it could be a gland

• Posted

i can sometimes feel a small pea sized lump usually around the time my period is due its glands if u are concerned it mabe something else u should ideally get it checked by a doctor but usually turn out to be glands

• Posted

get it checked! But I have had this when my immune system is out of whack. But always check a lump 8n that area. I have always been clear of cancer and had swelling there a lot. x

• Posted

i was at the doctor this morning for a pill check up and she reckons it is a cyst

• Posted

It could be a lump that was formed from cutting hairs under the armpit. If it comes and goes its not a problem, and if it feels painful then it might be something that is formed from cut hairs, not entirely cancer. Its good to talk to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.