Lump in forearm. Scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 21 years old and I have a lump about the size of a dime in my right forearm. I noticed it about 9 months ago and it may have gotten bigger. It doesn't move that well and it's relatively hard. My dad and my doctor said about 9 months ago that it is probably a lipoma, as it runs in my family. My dad has had over a dozen lipomas in his life. I also have another lump next to my left pectoral that has been there about 10 years so I think that is a lipoma. Could this lump in my arm be that?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Judging by your family history, I would say a lipoma is highly likely. You should ask a GP to confirm.

• Posted

If it is lipoma try taking tumeric supplement as this reduces size and discomfort. Have had loads removed by surgery but by chance took tumeric for knee pain and found it reduces lipomas quite alot. Been taking daily tumeric capsules from amazon for about 2 years and have not had any new lipomas appear and old ones reducing in size. Worth giving it a try. Cheers

• Posted

Best to talk to your doctor. Lipoma is usually small, pale, colorless, painful and move easily if prodded with your finger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.