Lump in mouth

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, Ive had this lump in my mouth for just over a week now and its a little concerning as its not gone away.

its not sore at all, and i can hardly see anything when i try and look at it, it doesnt look like an ulcer or anything.

its just on the inside of my mouth at the bottom, almost next to my gum.

should i be worried about this yet? or see what its like on a couple of weeks?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If its on your gum just below a tooth its probably an infection in the root of a tooth and you need to see your dentist.

If its on the inside of your lip it may be a cyst. They often just disperse on their own but if it continues to grow and interferes with eating then do see your doctor. Its probably a good idea to see your GP anyway, just to be on the safe side.

• Posted

Its still there, it may have gotten smaller or it may just be me wishful thinking!

Anyway i have booked a dentist appointment for Wednesday so ill post an update then. Obviously im nervous as hell!!

• Posted

I've just had a densist appointment as still no change in this lump. He had a good look and prod about, nothing to worry about apparently and reckons it's a lymph node inside my mouth. It still feels like a lump, but I asked if it looked like oral cancer and he said no, it is not something he has seen relating to cancer so I guess that's good.

He just said to go to the Doctors if it is still there in a couple of weeks and if I am still worried.

Anyone had a lymph node lump type thing appear in their mouth? How long should they last and what do they typically feel like?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.