Lump in my mouth

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've have a lump in my mouth now for about a year and I'm really worried about it. It hasn't changed shapes or grown but I just can't stop worrying. I have anxiety anyway so this doesn't help the matter. It's where my tonsils used to be but just won't go. Been to the doctors and they keep giving me different answers and the same with the dentists. What could it be??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

A lump? I'm having a hard time imagining it since it's a little vague, there are a lot of lumps.

May I ask what some of the answers you received were? Did they do blood work?

• Posted

No they just said it looks like scar tissue from having my tonsils out, it's a red lump that's about 5mm. Theres lots on them in my corner of my mouth and one on my tongue, I feel like because of my age they won't do anything about it. I've been to the doctors about 5 times now.

• Posted

My husband has had lots of dental procedures and some of the more serious procedures did result in hard lumps (scar tissue) over the surgical area as it's the bodys way of protecting itself. However, you now say you have more than 1 lump? And they are in other areas of the your mouth? That cannot account for all the extra ones unless they cut you up pretty bad in the procedure?

When were your tonsils removed? When did the larger lump appear, immediatly after?

Also, you said you are being told different things, what are the other theories they doctors are telling you?

• Posted

I notices it about a year ago, it was 6 years ago. And I was really rough. They're all in the same area just different sizes, just saying that it was swollen glands or abscesses from my doctor. my dentist said it was scare tissue.

• Posted

I noticed it about a year ago. I had my tonsils out 6 years ago. The doctors told me that it was an abscess or a swollen gland however the dentist told me that it was scar tissue.

There all in the same place in my mouth.

• Posted

Okay, now I'm concerned. It's not impossible that it's scar tissue but scar tissue doesn't typically take 5 years before it shows up and that doesn't explain the lumps at the corner of your mouth at all.

It may be abscesses or cellulitis but why in the world was your doctor not more concerned about it because those are dangerous!!

Personally, I recommend going to your local hospital and asking them to x ray and do blood work because if it turns out to be that you have multiple abscesses then you will need immediate treatment.

• Posted

I've had an X-ray before and nothing came up, it's definitely not Cellulitis as I would be really Ill by now. It's literally a little lump in my mouth and a couple round it where my tonsils used to be! I'm probably just gonna take the dentists word as he probably knows best. Jumping to conclusions is never a good way to sort something!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.