Lump in my throat

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I constantly feel like ive got a lump in my throat. I suffer with anxiety and depression and am currently on citalopram. does anyone else feel like this.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yea i have this feeling along with my throat feeling tight. I am currently waiting for an appoitment at ENT but thats for my constant cough and lump in my neck 😭
  • Posted

Absolutely,its very common with anxiety in general - very disturbing though I know. Many end up going through ENT appointments,all of which come back saying.... anxiety. I wish I could say there's a quick fix, but really short of dealing with anxiety generally theres nothing really to help. It can also be caused by reflux,so that's a treatment option to try just in case.
  • Posted

There are so many symptoms we all seem to get with anxiety and depression, they never seem to end. I wonder (and hope) if I will ever get used to them so that I can "shrug and say, this is the way it is".confused

be strong

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Yes! One of the biggest signs of anxiety is lump in throat I get it all the time
    • Posted

It's awful isnt it? I get it for days at a time sometimes and even when it goes it doesn't stay away for long, so horrible
  • Posted

Yes, I used to get that a lot when I was very depressed and anxious. It feels really horrible but it's actually a big part of severe anxiety.

It will go!

How long have you been on citalopram, and what dose?

Try to keep calm - I know it's very difficult. Believe me, I really know what you're going through. Love Tess

• Posted

Hi, thanks tess,

Ive been on the tablets for about a year on 20mg.  The lump feeling is starting to make me feel sick.

• Posted

II bet it is - it's a nasty feeling.

Well, this is only a suggestion - but possible that you would do better ona different anti-depressant.......have you seen your doctor recently?

• Posted

Hi,

thanks for replying. I havnt seen my GP sine he put me on the tablets. Perhaps I will go and have a MOT. thanks again

• Posted

I used to get that often.  I called it my 'stress throat'.  My thoat would swell up if I thought about it too much.  It doesn't happen so much anymore.  I got in to the habit of asking myself 'what's wrong, and what can I do about it'.  So at the slightest hint of a problem or stress, I would get on top of it and try to get it handle when it was small and manageable.  
  • Posted

I really think it is time for a medication check. You haven't seen your doctor for a year, do you just get repeat prescriptions??? Does no-one ask how you are??

Make an decision...make an appointment, then you can stop worrying about it.

I am a big ditherer...but when I eventually make up my mind it usually gives me a bit of peace.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Lump,in your throat is typical of anxiety.  I get when I am under pressure.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.