Lump in neck - hypothyroid symptoms - scan waiting times UK?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have just had a raft of blood tests taken - and won't get the results for a few days yet.All the usual hypo symptoms - fatigue, dry skin, loss of eyebrows, dry skin, chronic constipation, hoarse voice, sore throat, aching joints,foggy head and mood swings,  I also have a lump in my neck which is causing quite a bit of discomfort - feel like someone is pressing my windpipe at night sometimes and wake up choking if I lie on my back. I am currently sleeping in an elevated position to try to stop this happening. I am waiting for my neck to be scanned - and wonder how long I will have to wait for this appointment to come through? I suppose my doctor will probably wait for the test results before referring? Any advice/ info would be really appreciated.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I got my appointment through the post within 14 days. The appointment was then another two weeks after

• Posted

Hi

I got my appointment through the post within 14 days. The appointment was then another two weeks after

• Posted

Thanks Jennifer,

Will be good to find out what's happening.Were you told anything at your appointment? 

• Posted

They did. The person who did the scan told me what they could see and it was all clear.

This was 2 years ago.

I’ve also now felt a lump in my throat which is causing pressure . It doesn’t feel like it’s from my thyroid though. Hoping it’s just a cyst 

• Posted

Always worth getting things re-checked if there are changes. I'm pretty sure what I have is a goitre and nodule - and I am trying to stay calm about it. No point in worrying too much until they tell me what they find. 

• Posted

Anyone who reads this My advice is always ge re checks and 2nd opinions My 27 yr old daughter who had an enlarged lump on the left side of her neck go for 6 yrs ended up with Thyroid cancer All the post I've read here are on top of it Her symptoms were much like Glennie However she just ignored it and didn't want to accept she could possibly be sick or depressed Finally one night she came out from her room and said Mom This doesn't feel normal right? I was like No way Called her sister out from her room whos is a doctor and felt it and did the bap at the back of her head and said That's a really really enlarged swollen Lymph Node Get your butt to your doctor Needless to say it was cancer However You Glennie and everyone in this forum are doin the right thing Just make sure to keep getting rechecked if symptoms continue My daughter had her Thyroid out And had two radiation treatments It's not as great as they would like She's going back down to UCLA where she had her surgery to their Rhumatoligist She'll be ok But she's one thru much more than she needed to if she didn't wait 6 yrs and have it stage 2 which I guess is the highest for Thyroid Much Love and luck to everyone 

• Posted

I hope all goes well for your daughter Alley.It's good you have given this information - as many people ignore symptoms and hope they will go away. My blood tests aren't throwing anything unusual up - so I think my scan may take time to come through. Best outcome would be a cyst or something - I've only just discovered this in the last couple of months anyhow - so it's early days.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.