Lump in sinus?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I intend to try and find a doctor tomorrow but I'm wondering if anyone here has dealt with this. I'm not looking for a diagnosis of course.

During March (directly after full lockdown started) the left side of my face began to swell, it was agonising and lasted for about two weeks, it ended up shutting my left eye entirely for just over a day and eventually the swelling and pain left. I did ring my surgery twice during that fortnight and was told there'd be no doctors in as they were in various surgeries (ours has been left with a nurse and an in house pharmacist, I can't travel further)* and if I felt it was an emergency to go to the hospital, I felt kinda shamed so I've left it alone. The receptionist suggested it could just be sinus infection and it would subside.

However I discovered a hard pea sized lump after the swelling left, directly to the left of my nose, a little bit beneath my eye. Again, I thought it would vanish but 5 months on and it's slowly growing, there is no pain but discomfort when moving my mouth and there's suddenly pressure around my eyeball, my peripheral vision is cut off compared to the right eye. Could it really be just the result of a sinus infection? I realise perhaps leaving it so long was silly but I'm not fan of wasting doctors time especially during a pandemic. Women in my family have had cysts before but they've said those were painful, this lump is hard and painless, it won't move either. I don't know what to make of it.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.