Lump in the left side of my neck for one month

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a lump(swollen lymph node?) in the right side of my neck for the past 5 or 4 weeks.

Let me try to describe how it feels:

-When I touch it, It's kinda movable and slippery(or I might be confusing it as skin moving around? )

-It's hard I assume

-No pain

I'm also positive it increased in size a bit

I'm really worried, and googling symptoms is only making matters worse,

So, I thought a forum would help

What do you think it could be?

Should I see to the doctor?

Thanks is advance!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If it were me and I had a lump for over a month and it was getting bigger I would go to the doctor to see what the heck it was.

• Posted

actually, I was planning to see the doctor after week two, but my mom is making fun of me for thinking it's something, and telling me It's nothing I should worry about, and that I'm just being dramatic (I tried to convince her but she just won't)

and ...

Still, I'm reminding her every weekend but she won't listen to me ugh. What am I supposed to do?

****Please help!!

• Posted

Hmm. Looks like you have to rely on someone else before you are able to see a doctor and find out just what is going on. In that case I guess you would have to ask your mom to tell you under what circumstances would she allow you to see a doctor. If it's still there after how many more weeks? If it grows in size to "how big"? If is becomes painful to the touch? Tell her that you are not being dramatic that you are quite worried and hope that it is nothing but it is on your mind and keeps you from doing other things. That said I will tell you that I had cancer and a few years after all of that was taken care of I also developed a lump in my neck. It was on the left side and a little above my collar bone. It also seemed slippery and would move around a little. It really scared me and I thought my cancer had come back. I did go to the doctor and he told me it was a lymph node. I didn't believe him thinking my cancer had come back. They tested the lump and yep it was just a lymph node. Phew. That is probably what you have too but I know how upsetting not knowing for sure can be.Relax, I think you're fine and in the good hands of your mom.

• Posted

hello,

Thanks a lot for taking your time to reply!

If you don't mind I want to ask few questions:

Your first lump was located in your neck I assume,

How did it feel like?how big was it(stage)? was it sore or slippery?

any symptoms?

When did you know it was time to see a doctor?

That's a lot of questions, I'd be really pleased if you could help me

Thanks in advance!!

• Posted

I found two soft oval shaped lumps or bumps about a week ago on the right side of my neck i had strained my neck the night before and i was sleeping on a new pillow. I looked at the anatomy of the neck to see where mine are and they seem to be on the muscle called splenius capitis. i suffer from generalized anxiety so i have myself petrified that it's cancer. i read it could be muscle knots. they aren't getting bigger and there is no pain. i'm a very healthy woman i do have RA but it's under control.i just had a CMP and a CBC and the results are normal. i would appreciate any responses THANK YOU

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.