Lump in throat always there,losing my mind waiting for ent

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 36 and had a lump in my throat when i swallow for around a month.Its at the bottom of my throat and feels like a nog of something is lodged in there.Im waiting for an ent appointment but losing my mind waiting.I suffer depression,panic attacks and anxiety and this is sending me loopy.I cant even eat,im so low convinced i have cancer.Im really hoping its globus as my doctor thinks it is but everything ive read on globus says it comes and goes where as mine is there from the moment i wake up till the end of the day.Does anyone else have it constant like this?Ive 3 kids and trying to be strong for them but i feel so scared.When i drink water,take my pills or attempt eating they seem to really strugge to go down.Any help appreciated,thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yours sounds so much like so many with globus. Many have it constantly and have had many tests ran. You are fine. Stress is mostly what causes it. Try deep breathing excercises and try to get yr mind on other things. I have glibus as well and alot of days it is there constantly. But I calm myself using several techniques such as deep breathing and mind relaxation..I understand the fears. I have thm as well. Do you have acid reflux? I do and that sets off the globus as well. Hope you soon get some answers and are able to alleviate some of yr stress.
    • Posted

Thankyou for replying.Ive no acid and im so worried its cancer.Its at the very bottom of my throat where most globus sufferers mention the middle.Im still waiting on ent appointment but also worried that the nose camera wont see far enough down.I am living on two meal replacement shakes a day as its all i can keep down,i feel so weak and sick.Just want to stay in bed.
    • Posted

Lot of times silent reflux will do that. It stays at the bottom like that. I know it's so hard, trust me, iv so been there. But if you can, everytime you start to think about it being serious, try to tell yourself, I will deal with it then. RI ght now, you don't know that and are harming yourself with anxiety, per t hb e not being able to eat. Anxiety brought on a horrid ringing in my ears, more like buzzing, this awful globus, and so many other issues. I have globus, and most of the time it does feel lower like that. I too am a worrier. But I just keep telling myself, there will be grace for whatever I have to go thru..so try to breathe, relax, keep yr mind off of the worse and never, ever look up symptoms online. I stopped cuz of fear. I Was a wreck. Take good care and keep me updated..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.