Lump in throat and sudden shortage of breath, please help!

Posted , 10 users are following.

About 2 weeks ago i started feeling a lump in my throught, i still feels the same and it makes me feel like vomiting or choking, something it makes me dizzy and i always want to drink water. I have recently been eating less food than before on dinner but i still feel like vomiting. When i'm at school or out with friends or family i feel alright, but at about 7-8pm i start feeling the lump sometimes i open my Ps4 to play and i forget about it but as soon as i close it, the feeling returns and it is really uncomfortable. Now the lump still comes but it doesn't bother me like before, but now for the past 2 days i started suffering from a shortage of breath, it lasts for a  short time, then i regain the ability to breath, but it keeps on bothering me. I feel t's hard to breath either at night or after i play football games. Please help! (i'm 15 years old).

1 like, 31 replies

Report / Delete

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hazem

I send you all my best wishes for your condition, it could be a kind of health anxiety, but I'm no expert.  I see you are only 15, I think it would be good to see your gp to expalin how you feel and maybe get some re-assurance and maybe have him/her take a look at your throat.  Keep posting on here as there are lots of good people with more experience than me in this field.  I will follow your post and chip in when I can.

Love and prayers

xxxxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you have any digestion problems? Like heart burn/indigestion? I was having breathing issues and felt like something was stuck in my throat and went to the docs and they said its acid reflux with there is too much acid being produced in good stomach and travelling up your 'pipe'

I have since started medication and things seem to have been settling down

Or is could just be somerhong like anxiety. Could you possibly go to the docs and discuss your symptoms and he can have a chat and point you in the right direction. X

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No i don't have digestion problems, i've went to a doctor about 5 days ago and he checked my throat and said there's nothing, it's just anxiety and it takes time to forget about it. But it didn't help that much, although the lump im my throat kind of improved i still feel like choking and sudden shortages of breath have come out of no where. sad   

Thanx anyways!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It could be a problem with your thyroid. If it continues return to the doctor and ask him if he can do a blood test to eliminiate this.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had a lump in my throat a few weeks back,it made me a little anxious,but I'd forgotten all about it until I read your post,I can't even remember when it went. You'll find the longer you fret over it the longer it will take to go. When I suffered from anxiety I'd check my neck for lumps that much I'd give myself a sore throat. Your doctors right mate,the fact that you don't feel the lump when your preoccupied only proves to me it's anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up