Lump inbetween ribcage, should i get it checked out or is it normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I believe it to be the xiphoid process its just protuding slightly and i noticed it recently, the first picture is breathing in and the second is resting, it doesnt cause me any pain or discomfort but it does make me quite anxious 😦

Does it look normal? or should i get it checked out? any replies are really appreciated πŸ˜ƒ image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It looks quite normal to me. The xiphoid does stick out a bit on some people,especially when they breathe in but if there is no pain its nothing to worry about. Its the attachment point for various muscles so if you work out with weights it can become more pronounced .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.