Lump on back of neck. Lymphoma??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a tiny lump on the back left of my neck. It isn't painful, and I don't believe it is bigger than a pea or 1cm.

My health anxiety is through the roof now as I'm scared it's lymphoma. I don't have any other symptoms as of yet.

I discovered it on Saturday 23rd February

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I went through lymph node issues the last 2 years. They started popping up in my head/neck area for no obvious reason. I was sooo freaked out, was really worried I had lymphoma.

• I ended up seeing my reg GP, dermo, ENT and an oncologist (I wanted a variety of opinions lol). I did an MRI and ultrasound, and after all of that the doctors all came to the same conclusion - the lymph nodes were likely swelling from the acne on my face and dermatitis I get on my scalp. So weird right? Who would think such minor things could cause your lymph nodes to swell? lol.
    • My best advice to give u is to not get urself freaked out, bc (as u can see above ^^) lymph nodes can actually swell for the most minor reasons. We often associate them with sinister things, but any kind of skin inflammation/irritation or infection in the body can make them swell.
    • Also, all my Drs told me that size is the real, main red flag for lymph nodes. As long as your node stays normal sized (like the size of a marble - 1-2cm) then it is not cause for concern, even if it's there for a year. If it gets bigger like the size of a golf ball (3cm+) that would be cause for concern.
    • Also, just a tip - nodes do not like to be poked and prodded lol. The more u touch it the longer it will stay swollen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.