lump on bottom of foot

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same thing. I have a lump right under the operation sight.on bottom of foot. I see dr on thurs.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi bev.... what you had done, and when ?? i had double bunion removal and hammer toe correction on 11th May and i still have lots of swelling and a feeling of like i have swollen lumps underneath... which makes my toes unable to really lay flat... if yours feels similar its swelling that seems to take for ever to go x
    • Posted

I had bunionectomy and osteotomy on right foot 3 weeks ago, im not supposed to be full weight bearing yet. Dont think i could anyway. .i also had screw put in.is your lump right under operating site?
    • Posted

hi bev, yes mine is right underneath the big toe and second toe where i had the pin taken out last week, not only does it feel like a lump it feels like i am stretching it when i try to straighten my toes...i cant stand anything to do with bones so having this feeling mes me feel a bit sicky... i cant even watch anything on tv that has anything to do with knives or cutting as my stomach turns... so many things have affected me having this done... some painful some just stupid really x
    • Posted

I know the feeling. It scares me. It seems like my recovery time is going to be extended. I chose not to have pin. I have a screw.im wondering if I made the right decision. I have a strong stomach, it doesn't bother me to watch cutting or anything
  • Posted

Hi Bev I am now 10 weeks post scarf and akin osteotomy on left foot. I have what feels like a hard stone in middle of the foot underneath. Consultant said it's a result of offloading. Physio said to heel to toe walk and it will improve. It hasn't as yet. Under the ball of the original bunion is also painful. They do respond to non steroidal analgesia. But I don't want that forever. Let us know what your consultant says. It is frustrating, I am now 2 weeks post surgery on the right foot. Good luck
    • Posted

hi bev... what medication do you take because i have all what you have said... i am taking normal pain killers but they are not working x
  • Posted

Hi Bev...I also had a lump under the foot on the toe I had a pin in. My dr.told me it was scar tissue. I had physical therapy and a steroid ointment that had to be used with a cross friction procedure. What an ordeal! Four months later it is much better, minimal swelling at times and mild pain at time...even wore heels last week! Surgery was 2/13
    • Posted

wow toni, i never wear heels,i even have a hard time getting wide enough sneakers, im a very active peson, its hard for me to sit for long periods..when did you start physical therapy? and steroid ointment. was it painful
  • Posted

It was somewhat painful, but it did help. I would tell anyone having a bunionectomy and hammer toe work to expect at least 4-5 months before you feel somewhat normal. I still have a bit of discomfort at times, but minimal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.