lump on bra line, Dr dismissed it, extremely worried and need advice.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had a lump on my bra line for a while now. I always just thought it was a part of my chest wall until the other day when I felt it and noticed there was not a bump on the other breast. I called my obgyn and got in for an appointment. She said it was a pimple/sebaceous cyst and she could see it "coming to head". Well, I went home and looked and there was NOTHING. No pimple, no head, no mark, absolutely nothing. This lump is small, a little hard, and painless. I am 20 years old and just got an ultrasound of my breasts done this past June. I am wondering if this could be breast cancer and if I should get a second opinion. I want a biopsy but my husband is telling me I should trust my doctor. I don't know how I could trust her if I don't see a pimple there. It's been there for a while I highly doubt it could be a pimple. Especially since there isn't anything there. I'm so worried and upset right now I have been crying constantly because I am so afraid of this being breast cancer. Please help me.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi Jenna 

is it where bra fits under the breast .. maybe its too tight ... or rubbing ..

is it boned bra they can rub in . 

jay x

• Posted

See I rarely wear bras, that's the thing. I mean yes my bras rub against it when I do wear them. But I am a stay at home mom and don't really leave the house often so I don't wear bras often.
  • Posted

It sounds like a sebaceous cyst and it has been confirmed by your obgyn. In fact they don't come to a head like a pimple. A lot of people get them and do nothing about them, if they are painless.
  • Posted

HI 

I am  BC survivor for 17 years ,,So if in these days it was BC it is no longer a deaath senance ,,BUT if you have ANT small lunp Hard an painless even I would see an Oncologist and let him/herdecide whether you need a biopsy..IF it were a cyst they usually are painful..more risky are the hard no pain type lumps,,Probably not seroius but I would ease my mind and re check it with a knowedable Oncologist .

My BC was mis diagnosed by FOUR doctors for 7 years BECAUSE it hurt,,IF it HURTS they now know it COULD e cancer,,,So the old fashioned idea of if it hurts it is just a cyst is NO LONGER true,,but do not stress THAT causes many illnesses ..Just get a second opinion or.and an ultrasound

Blessings

Deb

• Posted

Hi I found the same lump I know it can be anything but it still worry so me I've got appointment at drs on Tuesday. How's it going for you

• Posted

I have the same problem I've got a lump that moves under the skin can be a cyst as suffer with them but it's good to get it checked I've got appointment with Dr on Tuesday how's it going with you.

• Posted

Hi..Jenna,I knw its too late to join this discussion.hw r u doing now.I am suffering from the exact prblm.to b on the safer side i also got a mammography done.but the lump is still bothering and paining..dr says the sebaceous cyst is infected..m on my antibiotic course..has suggested me an FNAC test if pain persists.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.