Lump on groin area

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 24, female and around two weeks ago saw this bump or lump appear on my groin area. it didn't hurt at first but now it's beginning to spark some pain. admittedly I don't work out much or get out because of my freelance work - I sit at my desk most days.

The past two days I have been out though and walking a bit - so I'm curious if that's triggered some pain in that region.

The area hurts when I move my leg but not all the time, it's a strange pain that has a mind of its own.

I'm going to book an appointment with my GP (doctor) and I hope it's just an ingrown hair or cyst.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am a woman of the same age. This happened to me last year. It turned out to be a really big, oddly-placed zit. It went away in a week or two.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.