Lump on lower back

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

About a year and a half ago a noticed a small (pea sized) hardish lump on the left side of my lower back. I went to the GP and he said he was 99% sure it was just a lipoma and to keep an eye on it for any changes. A couple of other doctors (when I visited for separate things like sinus infection etc) said the same thing and not to worry. The size of the lump still hasnt increased and whilst the actual lump isn't painful, very occasionally I get a non - bothersome dull ache around that area of my lower back. I googled around a bit just because I was curious, and being a massive hypochondriac I managed to freak myself out, as the lump is harder and not soft like a lot of lipomas. I think it is somewhat moveable but its hard to tell. I'm 19 and I have really bad anxiety so I guess I'm just asking for some genuine advice.

Thanks a lot.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Im 18, same here i have a pea sized lump, but on the back of the neck. The doc said it is probably a lymph node. It doesnt hurt just like you said but might seems to be immovable. It stayed the same size and never grows. I've also had panic attacks when I first realized I had one. I would keep googling which heightened my anxiety and made it worst. I'll have mine checked again in the 15th. If I were you I wouldn't stress much about it unless if it really bothers you, maybe you could ask if you can get some tests done?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.