Lump on my Knee.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I had a total knee replacement in February this year had lots of pain and stuff over the last couple of days I have noticed a lump just under my new kneecap that is quite firm not sure what it might be and hoping someone here might. Pictures for reference.

Regards

ray

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ray

if it's under your kneecap you should seek help if its under your skin it's probably scar tissue hope all goes well.

• Posted

I tend to agree Johnny that it might be scar tissue as it does not hurt.

Thanks for the reply.

• Posted

TKR May 2, 2017 I noticed a lump just under my kneecap too a couple weeks ago. I'm wondering if it's part of the new joint. It doesn't hurt feels kind of square. Probably didn't notice it until the swelling went down. I see the surgeon next Wednesday for 13 week post op will let you know what he says.

• Posted

Good that you're seeing your surgeon next week. I'm 8 months post op and don't have any lumps around my knee. Swelling when I over do it...but no lumps.  Please let us know what he says. 

• Posted

Hi Ray 

I went to see my consultant yesterday and I have a similar lump. I had X-rays and a scan and he told me it was fat tissue that had come through a hole in the surgery line. He isn't going to do anything about it as it doesn't hurt. He said it won't go away though and I will always have it.  X

• Posted

Looks like a swollen bursa. Although bursa can be aspirated,if not causing pain they leave a lot alone. Google location of bursa in the knee. Many people on this forum have heard of or experienced Bakers cysts.

Hope it helps.

• Posted

I saw my consultant today, it appears that there may have been some movement in the new knee components namely the femoral component I now have to have a scan to confirm this as ex-ray not enough to be sure. I saw the ex-rays and I am convinced that there has been some misalignment, what with suffering a blood clot when I had my operation I now have to go through this with the possibility that I will have to undergo more surgery to correct things! I am not a happy bunny!!
    • Posted

Hi Ray

I bet your not happy but maybe you wont have to go under the knife maybe they can do micro surgery

if so it should be a lot less painful and a faster recovery time .

I wish you all the best of luck and hope all work's out keep ua informed.

• Posted

If the knee component has moved or become loose I doubt that micro surgery will rectify it, I suspect it will be full surgery as the part that appears to have moved is hammered over the bone and some sort of surgical cement is used to keep it in place. I was luck that the blood clot was discovered while I was still in hospital it could have been fatal if it had happened at home. All in all I am well brassed off I survived a heart attack in 2015 which resulted in bypass surgery so got away from the grim reaper twice now, hope my luck isn't going to run out!

• Posted

Your still here to tell the tale Ray

if you have to have surgery i wish you all the luck in the world and hopefully all will go to plan you have been through a lot stay strong buddy and keep me informed of your progress if you dont mind

All the best.

• Posted

Saw my surgeon last week and had x rays done. He said the lump under my kneecap is part of my fibula which I couldn't see until the swelling went down. It doesn't hurt and isn't obvious except when felt. 

I hope your procedure goes well and you heal quickly!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.