LUMP ON MY SPINE! SPOTS IN VISION! 20 years old

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey! I’m miserable. 

I’m a 20 year old female, 5’1 160lbs.

I’ve had bad back problems, horrible migraines, and black dots in my vision since 7th grade. 

I used to have to put books behind my back to be comfortable; feels like my spines going to snap in the middle.

Always sick, like I have no immune system. 

Doctors always said it was because I’m overweight.  Always tired, nobody could keep me up. They said I had mono, but that was years ago.

4 months ago after a plane flight I woke up with my ears plugged up and 4 more floaters in the same eye. Sore muscles, many asthma attacks that have landed me in the er.

Now, it’s gotten the worse it’s ever been.  Ears pop every time I swallow or breathe deep.I hear crackiling in my head, which still has so much pressure I question Weather my brains going to explode. I see static and more floaters, I’ve lost 45 pounds in the passed 41/2 months, I’m never hungry, nauseas, things are popping around in my stomach.

After 4 days of vomiting because I assumed I was dehydrated(I was) I went into er where they did a “ct scan behind my eyes” and sent me home with migraine meds. Next morning I woke up with a huge bump on my spine. It wasn’t painful at first so I let it be, but then when it got bad after the next day I had to go back in.

Doc couldn’t find anything on the x Ray. He brought in fancy device and spent 1 minute giving me an ultrasound.

“Usually with a tumor you’d see some white here so. I don’t know. Could be a bad infection. It’s above your spine.”

And he sent me home with antibiotics and naproxen.

Well, the bruise on that bump is spreading. And my spine has been in more pain than ever. I have 2 more days of antibiotics.

It feels like somebody is taking both sides of my spine and pushing them together. The pain has spread up into my neck, I have sore spots on top of my head, and I’m seeing flashes of lights.

I just can’t live like this anymore.

I’ve been trying to tell them somethings up for years and the only thing they ever checked was my sinuses. 

I used to be happy. Even in high school when I was constantly on high doses of prednisone, singular, xolair, flonaise, spirivia (all of which I’m on now minus the prednisone). And I would’ve loved to lose weight, but this is scary. My body looks and feels weak. I’m snapping at people. I don’t feel like myself.

Everything hurts.

On top of those meds I’m on bupropion (yeah. I knew this would happen.) and brutal-acet-caff, and cephalexin.

Only thing else I can think of is I have this crazy mole on the back of my ear that looks like it has two other ones starting to grow on it ( I know ew, I’m sorry) I googled it and was concerned but my primary said “it should be fine.” (SHOULD?!) 

I’m just new to this whole adult it thing. And I’m cranky. And broke. I can’t afford 30 dollars for a doctor to look in my ears and nose and blame everything on anxiety anymore. Helppp. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

All those symptoms could be a sign of anxiety if doctor's don't find anything .hate to tell you but welcome to anxiety..I suffer similar symptoms ..went to er twice Dc found nothing.. anxiety will give you all those physical symptoms..take care..sorry your feeling this way..

• Posted

Except for the fact that the doctors haven’t even checked! The eye doctor ( that my parents took me to in sams club) confirmed the floaters in my eye. I didn’t have anxiety until s**t started going crazy. 

I went in to my primary cause I felt sketched out. He said he’s not liking the lump on my spine, so I just scheduled my first mri.  He told Me never to return to that hospital. 

It’s not anxiety lol. 

• Posted

I've had floaters in my eyes all my life that I could remember so does my husband..is really nothing to worry about..anyhow if you don't have anxiety or are taking celexa/ssri..your on the wrong comments/post section of this forum ..take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.