Lump on neck...scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so I usually post in the anxiety area because I have it but I wanted to reach out to a different group of people for insight..

I have a lump in the right side of my neck it's not noticable to the eye but when you run your fingers you could feel it,

I discovered it on Saturday morning after waking up to a bad sleeping position and thought it was a sore muscle, but now when I rub it I could feel a pea size thing, which I think is a lymph node

I'm so scared that I might have cancer idk I'm losing my mind

I haven't had any other symptoms...well today I felt nauseated but I think that's from worry so much like my anxiety is really bad...pls help I don't have any family history of cancer, but you never know

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi first of all you must go see your GP. This will help your anxiety and he will examine where your lump is and decide, what action to take.

I had a small lump in my neck and the Dr ruled out certain things first but I did end up with cancer but because it was small it was caught early and I am cancer free now.

The earlier you go to have it looked at the better it can be destroyed if it is anything suspicious.

Please try not to worry too much and go to see your GP

• Posted

If I may ask out of curiosity, how long did it take the doctors to find it was cancer? What test did you have to go through? How was the treatment?
    • Posted

First my Dr thought it was just my lymph node that was swollen which can happen so he said leave it for about 6 weeks and if it hasn't gone we will get a scan done.

I was not poorly at all and the lump had not gone so I had a scan.

I wasn't told the result but had to go to E N T clinic for a biopsy. All within a week of my scan.

The biopsy came back inconclusive so they operated 4 weeks later.

During the operation they tested the lump and it was cancer. They removed it all and then I had Radiotherapy but it is all gone now. It was only small so I had s better chance .

Hope this helps x

• Posted

I work in cytology in a hospital which is the people that deal with the samples for diagnosis for this. Lymph nodes are highly reactive so try not to worry! The slightest infection, bug or virus can have them flare up! But go to your GP. They can assess you, and they will probably have a wait and see approach for a month then they will send you to have it checked out. If this happens they will probably do an FNA of the lump with is one of the best ways for diagnosis without surgery!

I know what your going through, I am currently under medical investigation at the moment with various swollen lymph nodes drastic weight loss fatigue and sore joints, awaiting results from my consultant after my scan.

Go to your GP and they will investigate

• Posted

Thank you for replying !

I saw my doctor last week and she said it might not be something serious because it's very small. She does wanna wait a month but she said if anything changes, good or bad then I shouldered her before a months end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.