Lump on outer side of knee

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been there for a while. It’s a decent size lump on my left outer knee, it sticks out. It pops around when I bend my knee past a certain point. It’s not too painful but bothers me a lot and feels uncomfortable. Any idea what this is?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ditto Jen answer...sounds like that to me too....I had one in the 80's......have had that knee joint replaced since but not due to the cyst (!)....need to go to docs to get it checked out though....just to be sure.....x

• Posted

I too have a cyst on my right outer knee that was replaced last year.  I should have mentioned it to the surgeon so he could remove it.  But, so far, it is not too bothersome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.