Lump on spine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I have discovered that I have a sore to touch lump on my spine today and wondering if there is a need to be worried, obviously since spinal injuries can be very serious. I work on a farm so very active but haven't hit anything on my back from my memory. Could be from bouncing around on the tractor however could be anything. Hopefully someone could advise me on what to do, could it be something serious or is it just a bruise from doing something to my back. Just to add I have mild arthritis and rheunards disease. Thanks in advance image

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think that at one time or another we have all "discovered" a lump, scratch, cut, or bruise and we have no idea where it came from or when. What I do is to simply keep a watch on it to see what it's going to do.......get better or get worse. If the skin is not broken I put A & D ointment on it. If the skin is broken I use Triple Antibiotic ointment. If I don't see improvement in 2 weeks I figure it's fungal and use Clotrimazole cream. I expect it to get better within 4-6 weeks and if it doesn't I think about going to the doctor to see what the heck it is and what to do about it. You are a hard worker and probably backed into something that you don't even remember. Recently I discovered a huge black and blue bruise on my thigh which hurt to the touch but I had no idea how or when I got it. Weird. I don't know what rheunards is but I guess you have that covered. I hope all works out well for you. We need our farms!

• Posted

Hiya, the lump seems to have redness surrounding it which often indicates an infection especially if it is sore to touch. I'd say something has got under you skin, maybe from carrying hay or other feed stuff. Is there pain when you move your arms ? Or if you bend? If not I wouldn't worry too much as that would indicate a spinal injury. Let it go for a few more days and try hot packs to bring whatever it is to the surface. Let us know how you go with it...then we can all advise more treatment...Hugs, G

• Posted

thanks for the replies. Only sore to touch, no more stiffness as such than what I would normally have. Your probably right with the fact I probably just hit or rubbed something on my back. Seems to have gone down today a bit so hopefully just one or those things. Thanks for the help, just wanted to make sure it doesn't indicate anything too serious

• Posted

Hi Matthew, glad to know it is going away. I know when I worked on our farm carrying oats was a problem for me as the spiky bits often got under my skin like little splinters....maybe that's what it was with your back...my back scrubber in the bath got rid of the spiky bits....good luck with farm work it isn't easy. Hugs.G

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.