Lump on wrist 3 weeks after injury

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, bit of back story... I posted a few weeks ago wondering if I'd fractured my wrist. GP sent me to get it x-rayed, urgent care sent me to fracture clinic as they couldn't tell if it was fractured. Fracture clinic said they couldn't see a break. So I had to keep it elevated until swelling went down and he said it would be a couple of weeks for the soft tissue to repair.

Fast forward to now, the swelling and majority of bruising has gone. Most of the movement has come back. Fingers are still tender to press. But I've noticed I've got a tender lump on the side of my wrist. I thought it might be internal scar tissue but it's very hard and feels like bone. Is this normal after injury? I'm not sure it's related, but every so often I'm also getting a weird ache kind of thing from the shoulder down to my wrist.

Thanks for reading, please do reply 🙂 x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.