Lump outside rectal area

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had appointment yesterday with Colo Rectal Surgeon . Had digital rectal exam and paiful anoscopy and he said its fissure but still I dont understand why do I have soft lump is outside rectal area and will it go on its own

for past 3 weeks I am having rectal pain , burning sensation and I see one lump is there right at the opening of rectal area. I can touch that lump and it is soft and its size of a pea. I am using PREPARATION H ointment and Miralax for past few days it relieves pain but I feel huge pain during bowel movement. Now I feel something is blocking my Bowel Movement and I feel even its hard or painful to pass gas from rectal area. I just started taking sitz baths and its helping a little bit but I am worried what exactly I am going through..

I see the lump is soft dry and there is no bleeding..

Thank You

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, The lump is probably a small hemmarroid that is now a skin tag and wont bother you as long as you don't get constipated. The anal fissure is what is causing you the pain. Keep taking Miralax, and if needed magnesium citrate tablets. They make your motions very soft and easy to pass. Your fissure should then heal, you don't usually have bleeding unless it opens again.

• Posted

hi, i also have same problems as you, been going on for 4 years now, yearly botox but not helping. Last year i also had a squashy pea sized lump which my surgeon removed most of it (he also sent it of but was all ok) not quite as painful without it there.

currently waiting to go back in hospital for another round of botox and also a total haemorrhoidectomy to remove internal haemorrhoids.

hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

hello I have almost same problem. the external swelling either small external hemorrhoid or skin tag usually at fissure opening. I had also difficulty in passing stool I felt mass like in my anus I did fissurectomy 2months ago the doctor told me the was fibrous tissues around the fissure.Also spasms can cuase difficult of passing poo. Still I have pain but better than before.

• Posted

Sounds like a sentinel pile. These usually form at one end of an anal fissure when the fissure becomes chronic. I don't know why the doctor did not explain to you what it is. In my experience doctors usually don't explain anything unless you specifically ask that question about every aspect of the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.