Lump over scar tissue L5S1 surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, new to this,had spinal fusion and disectomy 5weeks ago with great success,thankfully.I noticed a lump over the incision spot about 2cm in size and hard. I checked today and noticed it gone down to a small pea size, it looks like its on my spine ,has anyone experienced this is it anything to be concerned about,,would appreciate some feedback

Thank You

Caroline

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Not experienced this (yet), but hopefully it's nothing to worry about, and it will reduce to nothing.

Could just be a bit of scare tissue.

Take care.

Mike

• Posted

Thanks Mike,

It's a strange thing the spine,the lump has risen up again tonight it doesn't hurt so I will wait until my next hospital appointment next Friday.Very little pain today no need for pain meds which is a great relief,,hope your recovery is going well.

Caroline

• Posted

That sounds like great news with ref to the meds, I'm booked in for fusion surgery for the 5th Feb but mine is the joint on the side of the spine and has only been in the UK for 3 yrs so still a very new procedure, I'm so hoping for a great result so fed up with all the pain meds. It sounds like the lump could be scar tissue or a stitch on the inside, hope you have a great post surgery result it'sounds like you made the right decision to have surgery done

Wishing you all the best

Kathy x

• Posted

Best wishes Kathy, I hope the surgery is a great success for you,I will watch for your posts to see how your recovery is going,

Tske Care

Caroline

• Posted

Thank you, I look forward to reading your up dates and once I have had my surgery I will keep you all posted x
    • Posted

Hi katwitch, just checking up on tour provress after surgery, hope ypur doing well

• Posted

Hi

Well I'm 19 days post surgery and I'm doing quite well (maybe a bit too well lol) I wasn't too sure what pain too expect I know my surgeon told me I would feel like I'd been kicked in the bottom by a herd of horses and yes I did feel like that to start with, but things are settling down quite well I mean the pain is mostly around the wound and where they have gone through all the tissue and muscle etc, my hip pain at the moment has eased which feels absolutely wonderful, I dare say I will probably experience some more bad days yet, I have got surgical stockings to wear for 6 weeks which I did take off but have had to put them back on due to my legs and ankles swelling, but I do feel well in myself and started physio at 2 weeks and back again at 4 weeks and consultant in 6 weeks but will keep you updated and thank you so very much for asking, how are you doing and how long has it been now since your surgery I hope you are keeping well and no other problems.

Take care and pls keep in touch

All the best

Kat

xxx 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.