Lump Sensation and Gurgles on my throat! I'm scared please help me :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have have a lump sensation and tightness in my throat and I experience the gurgling sensation when I swallow water or saliva. And It feels like an air bubble or burp is stuck in my throat. But I can't burb I have to stick my fingers in my mouth to burb I been on nexium for 3 weeks thinking maybe is acid reflux but it doesn’t help with these symptoms.

I'm having an endoscopy next week, but I'm very nervous I can't even sleep.

any advice??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

wait the results of your procedure. try not to stress. Could be LPR get a check by ENT if GASTO has no answers. IF its LPR, try acid watcher diet.

• Posted

Please dont be nervous about your test....it does not hurt....if you tell them.you are nervous...you can have a sedative....but they spray your throat...so you dont feel the small camera going down..but its only very thin...and you hardly feel.it...they are very good at the job..and take good care of you throughout.....and it does not take long....and you will.be well taken care of....i know its just the thought of having it done..i was the very same...just the thought of the unknown..one thing afterwards you will.do.some burping...because they put a bit of air in...so.it helps them.to.see better...not painful!! Just normal.burps!!....dont worry very commom procedure...you will.be fine...once they get the result..easier to.treat you..

• Posted

I'm just worried about the results. I'm scared to dead 😦

• Posted

Luisen

My husband had a lump type feeling in his throat for yrs. He would constantly choke on food which caused major panic attacks. He was so afraid to get an endoscopy because his anxiety over choking. He finally went in because he could not stand choking and the lump in throat anymore. The endoscopy found nothing but a completely healthy throat, esophagus, and stomach. 90% of his symptoms went away after the endoscopy. It turns out it is a sensation people can experience when they are anxious. It very well could just be that.

• Posted

I'm very concerned about this

• Edited

definitely go and get a barium swallow and ask to see the results. could be a physical problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.