Lump sensation in throat

Posted , 2 users are following.

My throat from plays up i used to think it was caused by GERD where i would get a feeling of a lump in my throat and it would throb. I have been taking heart burn medication for nearly a year now and i am certain it isnt GERD. My throat will often start to throb and get a lump sensation in my throat and i can cough up flem and green stuff i have no idea what is causing the pain in my throat and what the pain even is any ideas?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go to an ENT doc that focuses on the throat. He will place a camera down your throat (don't worry, with an aenaesthetic there is no pain, I know as I have this done several times a year). That will show him and you exactly what is causing the difficulties you're experiencing.

• Posted

Had all the camera etc down and it hasnt seen anything, so theres is nothing there concerning its just annoying that day in day out i have the same pain and feeling in my throat

• Posted

Ok. Nothing visible. Did the ENT consider infections or inflammation?

• Posted

no there was nothing visible, the lump feeling becomes throbbing and it comes and goes i dont know what causes it .... my chest often feels uncomfortable and like i need to force my self to burp the more i do that the more my throat hurts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.