Lump thing on inner left shin?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Before I explain things I just wanna point out I have horrible Health anxiety and my mind constantly shifts to different areas of my body that could have cancer.

I was feeling my shin the other day (can't remember what for) when I felt a weird lump on the middle of the inner left side. I instantly thought of sarcoma, but I am try to stay calm since I know that area of the shin always feels lumpy, this is what I felt exactly:

it wasn't really a LUMP, it felt more like a bunched up muscle? its about an inch vertically and seems to wrap around my shin like a rubber band, it doesn't feel hard, kind of like tough muscle? which is odd since shins don't really have much of that. it also is invisible to the eye and can only be felt (along with a lot of other lumps since its the shin), I also have no pain or problems using this leg.

I am wondering what this could be... just my shin? maybe scar tissue from too many bumps to the shin? anything to be concerned about? does anyone else have something similar? Thanks for the answers, this is really freaking me out.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Airisto, 

Don’t freak out. Keep an eye on it and schedule an appt with your dr to look at it. Have you ever gone to a dermatologist?

I had a few things on my body like you described and my dermatologist who I love said OMG it’s an age bump we develope as we get older. I was so stressed over it and I was so relieved at her answer.  Now I go once a year for a body scan and I have my spots that I need to show her. It will put peace of mind to you. I really thought once I had a brain tumor. It was the arm from my glasses making an indentation in my skull. I was told pretty common for a young person wearing tight glasses. 

Will 😎

• Posted

Hi Airisto, It could be a bump from years ago do you think? When you press it, does it leave a mark? Like does it react like other parts of the body? personally if I was you I would just check with your dr as lumps should always be double checked, but it's probably nothing 

• Posted

It cannot be seen from the outside of my shin so if I press it nothing really happens, I felt around the other leg and it seems like I have the same situation there but in a different area, Im gonna try and calm down now, maybe its clumpy cartilage or muscle from too many bangs to the shin, thanks for the reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.