Lump under jaw and pain in ear

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm sorry if this isn't the wrong place but I wonder if anyone can advise me please?

For a long time now (maybe a couple of years) I've had a hard lump under my jaw on the right hand side of my windpipe. It's never been painful but over the last few months I've started having pain in my ear on that side and pain in my throat on the same side. It sounds silly but it feels like the tube that connects my throats and ear is very sore. I haven't got a temperature or any coughs or colds and I'm not sure if I should see a doctor or not? Please can anyone advise? Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi jayneember

I suggest you make an appointment with your doc.  Any lump should be investigated.

...best wishes...

• Posted

May not be but maybe take a trip to the dentist and doctors. I had the same symptoms and went to the doctors who told me to go to the dentist and it turns out I had a large absis on my jawline near my neck. Do you ever get pain along your jaw?
    • Posted

Hi Kellie, I don't generally get pain along my jaw. The lump itself has never been painful, it's only recently that I've I've started to get pain from there, up and into my ear. Also I've noticed my tonsil on that side looks very different to the other side.

• Posted

Hi

Are you saying you have been treated for the abcess?  You mention it is at the side of your windpipe, this has to be investigated if it is still there. You need to have a scan to find out what this lump is.......

• Posted

I got given antibiotics and took the course but never went back to get it checked as they said if the abcess doesn't clear it'll have to get taken out during operation and there is no way I can go through that.

I still get tender pain where the pain was before but no where near as bad.

• Posted

Hi

If the lump is still there you should do the sensible thing and go back to your doc and say you have taken a course of AB's but the lump is still there and it was never painful but has become painful recently.....best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.