Lumpfeeling: Do i have globus sensation?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I'm a 22 year old weightlifter who usually train frequently(before these sympthoms). and i have since 2-3 months been struggling with a Lumpfeeling in my throat with an anoying gag feeling that come and go. It also feels like you lack air when you breath so you try to take deep breaths with the mouth. There is no pain though but it has been so frustrating to live with it, struggling to work just because of the gags. First months i though i had to avoid some food or drinks like coffe and spicy food but that turned out to show no significant changes. I can eat normally and i doesn't actually feel anything blocking when eating or drinking, it's actually rather more relieving. Also sometimes when you do Cardio it seems to be more relieving.

I've visited the doctor 4 times, got Omeprazol(for reduced stomach acid, 1 pill per day) first time that i used in 1 month but it Didnt do anything. I've also tried loratadin against allergies and different asthma medicines(buventol) without any help.

"Note that these are medications my doctor wrote for me..." We eventually spoke about anxiety and stress, but IMO i don't think i'm affected as i'm aware, except a bit stress then. The only thing that has been changes in my life recently is that i have moved town.

I've have been checked if i had any swollen parts on the throat, but everything seemed fine, also checked blood, bloodpressure and oxygen uptake and even these seemed fine. I have felt like an idiot when i have kept contacting the doc for the same problem so many times'.

I have seen many similar forums but the other is never same.

I can't even really find a relevant group because i have no idea what this is as the most common problem seems to be acid reflux but as the medicine Didnt work and i haven't really felt anything wrong with the belly at all.

By the way after the first month this disappeared for 2 weeks and came back again. Is this globus sensation?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Globus is real and it feels horrible. It can make your life hell. Unfortunately it is a mind thing. The more you worry or think about it, the worse it gets. However hard it is try and stop thinking about it, don't let it rule you. It will get better but you have to tell yourself that. I read, sing to myself or do anything to take your mind off the feeling. You will always have the feeling but it will go away if you try hard. This condition took over my life for a long time but now, I am in charge and only you you can tell yourself that. Good luck.

• Posted

Yeah true, When you really don't think about it it appears less although not totally gone. You can say you become a bit of a hypochondriacal , and you always expect the worse (cancer etc.) But when it goes on for this long without any other issues other than the feeling goes up and down it doesn't seem so bad atm, and you start to think less.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.