Lumps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

I haven't had a very good few weeks, had quite a stressful time and my dissertation is due this week. I'm thinking because of that my lichen has been flaring up more than usual. I had lumps and sores between my vagina and anus for about two weeks and as soon as they healed I went for a run and the skin above my clitorus turned red and bumpy, they're slightly better and now the skin around my clitorus on one of my "flaps" is really sore. One thing, the bump I have above my clitorus has actually turned quite painful and hard.. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any symptoms like this and what they do to treat it. I'm using dermovate and eperdem which definitely sooth but obviously aren't getting rid of them! Feeling a bit frustrated as I've had it constantly with the sore patches moving around for about 6 weeks!

xxxx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure you do not have Lichen Planus as well... I had both for 8 years in the days when no one had heard of either. One masked the other and I suffered really badly...my bladder and urethra is so scarred from those years. I do know that the lumps are quite common with Planus.  At least you have Clobetasol these days...there was nothing back them I had to rely on pure Emu Oil.

• Posted

If you have heard Dr G's webinar you may have heard the term smagma cyst- this can get infected - go to you GP and perhaps get an appointment  withthe consultant - but i would think an antibiotic might  be necessary to stop getting a full blown boil in the area

Good luck for your finals, i hope you get your dissertation in on time -

• Posted

I had a pseudocystic smegmoid abcess on my clitoris, sounds like what you have. Dr. Goldstein mentions it. You need to get it seen to. I was stupidly embarrassed and waited till my whole crotch was inflamed and the abscess burst, then went to emergency. They gave me antibiotics and sent me to a gynae who happens to have 1000 LS patients and diagnosed me on sight. That was after having LS for forty years. I'd been having sex pretty frequently in the year or two leading up to that episode. I've concluded that, at least for me, LS equals allergic to sex.
  • Posted

well there's heat and inflammation in the area so another way of looking at this is that all the  debris accumulating in the conflict zone (!) has gathered to form a kind of boil or abscess. In nature these accumulations gather and grow til they burst shedding the poison out from the body so no further harm is caused.

when i trained the saying was "where there is pus let it out" so lancing boils was a favourite activity in casualty....yum yum delicious. but there is something appealing about letting pus out... there are even youtube videos delighting in the subject!! subconsciously we know its good for us to get this relief. A bartolins abscess prob has to be lanced in such a delicate area because constant friction won't allow  a lovely yellow coloured head to form. but what if all this inflammation is a failed abscess formation?? I realise I'm raising more questions than I'm answering but contemplation is great for reducing sress ..plus a bit of a laugh so this is intended to give you a lift and to help you regain calmness and  serenity!!

How about drinking loads and loads of water at this time just to help with fighting the infection? Its the simple things we can sometimes forget!! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.