Lumps at Base of Skull / Severe Headaces

Posted , 2 users are following.

The symptoms listed have been my battle for some time now. Recently I had ACDF surgery and I suppose I thought everything that had gradually gotten worse over the years would miraculously get better with this "fix". While some things indeed improved, I find what I'm still left with has me questioning the quality of life each day forward and desperately grasping at straws to find any answer that might possibly pull me back from this ledge:

• severe headaches
  • lumps at the base of skull - just below the hair line (I think its possible these may be lymph nodes. They are movable. With enough force it seems they can be pushed over my collar bone or so it feels that way)
  • fatigue
  • Night sweats
  • ringing in ears
  • dizziness
  • nausea / vomiting
  • increased heart rate & shortness of breath upon standing
  • high liver enzymes
  • low cortisol levels

If you can think of anything, please reply.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

RESOLUTION:

The cause has been identified as osteoarthritis in the lower cervical and lower lumbar spine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.